Live Webcast — Wednesday, March 24, 2021 7:00pm ET
Learning from Science: How Oral-Systemic Collaborations Can Advance Research, Policy, and Health Outcomes
This conversation between senior dental and medical scientific thought leaders will focus on what we know, what we need to know, where science and policy interface, and why that intersection is important. The panelists will also comment on the importance of integration across all levels of research, the need for research to drive policy, how research informs practice and practice informs research, and other critical applications.
- Identify significant gaps in oral and systemic health research
- Provide examples of effective integration of oral and systemic health research
- Describe a pathway from basic, translational, clinical to implementation science that effectively incorporates oral health and disease in overall health
- Describe differences in dental care access in the context of economic and racial disparities
- Explore policy changes to increase insurance coverage for dental care